A nice hot cup of coffee is the first thing most people have every day as soon as they wake up. It can be an espresso or a cappuccino – the main thing is having the hottest coffee maker to have your coffee just the way you want!
This means the temperature has to be perfect just when coffee is served. Hot coffee is what most of us need more than once in a day. Hence a good coffee maker would be the one that will serve you back to back coffee at the right temperature.
Which Coffee Maker Makes the Hottest Coffee – Our Top Choice
Our top choice coffee maker is the Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer with its many features that make great coffee at higher temperature.
This machine offers hot and extra hot temperatures along with an 8-cup brewing functionality and comes in both thermal and glass carafe.
Coffee Makers that Brew at High Temperature – Our 2020 List
Here are some of the best coffee makers that will ensure you enjoy a hot, aromatic cup of coffee each time you brew.
- BUNN HB Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker
- Breville BDC450 Precision Brewer Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart CPO-850P1 CPO-850 Coffee Brewer
- Homia Single Serve Coffee Maker
- Technivorm Cup One Coffee Brewer
- Cuisinart Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker
BUNN HB Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker
The BUNN heat and brew coffee maker has a programmable clock that will keep your coffee ready as soon as you wake up. This feature heats the water first then the brew starts. It has a 1300w power for that hot cup of coffee. The auto warmer plate shuts off after 2 hours for safe usage.
It has a water indicator and good capacity that will fill a normal mug. The drip free carafe has a lid for easy handling. It features a spray head system to extract coffee in an optimum way. A nice affordable coffee maker for great hot coffee.
- Heat and brew system for hot coffee everyday
- Features a programmable clock for convenience
- Auto shut off after 2 hours for safety
- Makes 10 cups in about 10 minutes
- Comes with a drip free carafe
- Built-in water indicator for better coffee making
- Making more cups may cause spill over from carafe
Breville BDC-450 Precision Brewer Coffee Maker
The BREVILLE BDC-450 coffee maker is a mid-priced machine that makes great coffee. The stainless-steel design is durable and looks great. It features a pour over adapter made from high quality silicon shower head and plastic case.
The thermo-coil heating and pump system makes great coffee all the time. The digital temperature control has six coffee brew settings. The 12 cup coffee maker has a control panel that is easy to use with auto on function. You can make hot coffee and iced coffee with this machine.
- Stainless-steel design with 6 pre-programmed coffee settings
- 12-cup capacity good for commercial and office setups
- Thermo-coil heating and pump system
- Digital temperature control with time
- Features adjustable bloom time and water delivery speed
- Makes hot coffee and iced coffee
- Comes with 2 filter choices – flat bottom and cone
- Comes with a higher price tag
Cuisinart CPO-850 Coffee Brewer
The CUISINART CPO-850 stainless-steel coffee maker is a stylish device that will look great in your kitchen. The coffee maker has a temperature control with hot and extra hot functions. The glass thermal carafe has a capacity of 64oz or 8 cups.
You can set your flavor too with mild, bold and medium options. There is a 24-hour programmable clock with auto on and auto off functions. It has self-clean system for easy cleaning.
The brew pause feature can allow you to have coffee even while it is brewing. The machine comes with a permanent filter as well as 4 paper filters.
- Thermal/glass carafe that is drip free
- Stainless steel stylish design with durability
- Features programmable clock with auto on and auto off
- Capacity of 8 cups
- Brew pause function allows pouring coffee while it is brewed
- Flavor options with mild, medium or bold
- Water indicator placed in front
- Pot cannot be washed with water
Homia Single Serve Coffee Maker
The HOMIA is an affordable coffee maker that makes good coffee through grounds or K-cups. The 1000w machine makes 195-degree F hot coffee within 3 minutes. There are 3 reusable K-cup compatible capsules included in the package.
The single serve coffee maker fits cups up to 5.5” easily with removable drip tray. It features a single button operation with auto-shut off. The one-click cleaning is very easy to do and removable parts means simple cleaning process.
- Compact design single serve maker
- Comes with 3 reusable capsules
- K-cups friendly for easy coffee making
- Auto shut off function with a single button operation
- Auto clean feature with removable filter and drip tray
- 3 minute coffee making process
- It does leaves some sort of plastic taste and smell
Technivorm Cup One Coffee Brewer
The TECHNIVORM Moccamaster is another mid-priced coffee maker that makes coffee within 4 minutes. The single serve machine is operated through a single button and makes 10oz of good coffee.
The 1200 w powerful machine has a water indicator and auto-off function. The cup holder is removable to fit other sized cups easily. The brew basket is specially designed to steep coffee that is great in taste.
- Single button operation makes coffee within 4 minutes
- Capacity of 10oz cup
- Removable cup holder means different sized cups can also be used
- Comes with brew basket
- Auto-off function shuts off machine after brew is complete
- Single cup per serve only, not a good option for office or commercial use
Cuisinart Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker
Another decent coffee maker from CUISINART is a single serve machine that is K-cup compatible. It features 5 beverage sizes and a removable 72oz water reservoir which is big. The charcoal filter is also removable for cleaning.
The rinse feature cleans the inside of brew chamber automatically. You can use this to make soup, hot cocoa or tea as well. It features programmable temperature control with auto on and auto off functions.
The back-lit LCD has menu button for all functions including temperature control, brew size and clock.
- 72 oz big water reservoir
- Backlit LCD features all functions
- Rinse function cleans brew chamber itself
- Programmable temperature control with auto on and auto off
- K-cup friendly machine, K-pods work well
- Brewing process makes noise and is quite loud, not suitable for office setups or quiet environments
Why Need a Hot Coffee Maker?
As there is innovation taking place in the world of coffee, hot coffee makers are those that make great coffee at a high temperature. Many coffee makers around make good coffee – but some may find their low temperatures not best for a real hot coffee cup.
A good hot coffee maker will brew coffee at around 200 F for that real hot coffee. This way coffee is brewed much better and thus tastes delicious as compared to normal brewing.
Most of us start our day with a cup of hot coffee, and also have multiple cups throughout the day. If those cups are not hot enough, we might not get the energy boost and refreshing effect that we expect from a cup of coffee.
What is the Right Temperature
As mentioned above, 200 F is the best temperature for brewing coffee. But different temperatures are also required for different types of coffee beverages.
Aeropress, for example will need 185 F whereas cold coffee will be made at much lower temperature. Temperature is something that is a personal choice – some people will like to have a very hot cup of coffee – while others may like a slight hot cup.
A good coffee maker will have the right range of temperature for all choices.
Perfect Brew Sizes
This is a feature that most coffee makers have these days and is used to make different types of coffee. Brew size determines the flavor of coffee and is therefore a must have option in your coffee maker. Most brands feature 5 sizes with some offering up to 6.
As people need coffee throughout the day, a quick coffee maker is a better way to make coffee easily. Most coffee makers have a brew time of 10 minutes which is not bad.
But some feature super fast times with 4-minute brew time. Also, few makers have even faster times that can make coffee in 1 minute. So if you are someone that likes things quick – you would want a super fast machine.
Having said that, not all quick coffee makers will keep your coffee hot. It is a good idea to have a look at the reviews and all other information you can get regarding the final cup temperature of a machine that claims quick brewing speed.
Several body materials are used by manufacturers these days for coffee makers. The best for hot brewing is stainless-steel as it looks good and is very durable as well. Some use plastic body while others come in glass and stainless-steel mix.
This also matters in the cleaning or washing as better materials are easily cleaned. Pricing varies according to the body type as better materials come at a cost!
A compact coffee maker will obviously have a smaller water reservoir and will mostly be a single-serve type. Larger reservoirs are best for people that have more cups daily or when coffee is served to more people or a get together.
Although water reservoirs do not have a direct impact on brewing temperature, they do play a vital role when it comes to brewing multiple cups at once.
Most reservoirs are made of glass which is good. Some also feature thermal reservoirs with a combination of glass and stainless-steel. Plastic and glass reservoirs are also used but may not be the best in durability.
Look for water indicator as it helps in knowing how much water is available before requiring a refill. Removable reservoirs are also better to use as it makes it very easy to be cleaned or washed.
Our Final Word on the Hottest Coffee Maker
As more and more brands are making very good coffee makers, there are better options for people to choose from. Coffee makers have been introduced with better brew sizes and temperature controls for better coffee experiences.
From digital timers to touchscreens – better functions mean ease of use! More practical functions are now available that are great for making good coffee as well as safe to use.
If you are in the market for the hottest coffee maker that you can get within your budget, it is always a good idea to conduct some sort of research first. Remember, if your cup of Joe is not hot enough, your might not have a good day ahead!