If you are one of those avid coffee addicts who need to achieve perfection in the way their coffee brews, smells and tastes – it is quite certain that you would need the best espresso cups in which it should be served.
Try The Healthiest, Tastiest Organic Coffee Ever!
As far as espresso is concerned, the traditional French way of serving it is in small cups, however, there is a huge range of options these days from which you can choose and we will show you some of the nice ones.
Our Top Espresso Cups Set – Editor’s Choice
Keeping into consideration their overall design, build quality, durability and affordability, our top pick is the JoyJolt Savor espresso cups. Whether you have daily home or office use or for formal occasions, these cups will not disappoint you.
Best Espresso Cups of 2020
Let us walk you through some of the finest espresso shot cups that you can get your hands on in the market today:
- JoyJolt Savor Insulated Glasses Espresso
- Aozita Espresso Cups and Saucers
- Kitchables Glass Espresso Cups
- Sweese 401.001 Espresso Cups with Saucers
- Loveramics Espresso Cup and Saucer
- TeamFar Set of 4 Espresso Cups
- Recaps Stainless Steel Espresso Cups Set
- Sweese 403.002 Cappuccino Cups with Saucers
- Lifver Porcelain Espresso Cups
- Bodum Espresso Cups
JoyJolt Savor Insulated Glasses Espresso
The JoyJolt double-wall cups are best-suited for all your hot or cold beverage needs. With an ergonomic handle and borosilicate glass, you will surely enjoy your espresso shots better than your average cups.
Borosilicate Glass – Stronger and Lighter
The borosilicate glass has been known for its strength and reduced weight at the same time. The boron particles’ properties assist in a much tighter and stronger final product, compared to other glass types.
Without having to be thick and heavy like those old-fashioned and traditional glasses, boron oxide gives the same amount of glass strength resulting in a better and lighter glass.
Double Wall Maintains Your Beverage Temperature
The condensation-free and heat-resistant double-walled glass lets your hot beverage to remain hot for a quite some time, keeping the outer part cool so that you can easily touch it.
Similarly, it can also be used for cold beverages and they will maintain their temperature inside while the outer part remains condensation-free.
- Pack of two – Capacity of 5.4 ounces for each cup
- Heat-resistant and condensation-free
- Perfect packaging if you want to gift it to your loved one
- Best suited for Espresso, Cappuccino, Lungo cups, Latte, Macchiato, Demitasse, Tea or Juice
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- Due to their size, they might not adjust to some coffee makers tray size and you would have to hold them while filling the beverage.
Aozita Espresso Cups and Saucers
If you are looking to add stylish, small coffee cups to your kitchenware, the Aozita espresso cups should work perfect for you.
Sleek and Compact Design
These modern-kitchen inspired cups will fit well with the rest of your utensils and appliances. The compact and elegant design saves a lot of space as well in your home or work kitchen.
Try The Healthiest, Tastiest Organic Coffee Ever!
Fine Build Quality
Using premium ceramic and porcelain, these cups are lead-free, BPA-free and chip-resistant as well. This makes them highly environmental-friendly with health benefits, too.
4-Cup with Saucers and Spoons
This is a 12-piece set – 4 cups, 4 saucers and 4 espresso spoons. Makes it a perfect choice whether you want to use them at home, at your workplace or even gift a friend or family member on their birthday.
- Easy to clean
- Perfect for small workplaces and home
- Sleek design saves space and easy to carry
- 2.5 ounce is ideal espresso capacity
- High build quality
- Microwave & Oven safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Good for Espresso only, not for cappuccino or other latte drinks due to their small-size (no space for foam or froth)
Kitchables Glass Espresso Cups
These stylish, multi-purpose and unique espresso cups by Kitchables will serve all your beverage-related needs in an affordable and durable way.
Keep Your Fingers Safe
These double-wall thermo insulated cups ensure your hands and fingers are never exposed to side heat, making it a safe and ideal choice.
Multi-purpose, not just Espresso
Whether you are in a mood for an espresso shot, latte, cappuccino, lungo, tea or your favorite dessert – these cups will come in quite handy for all occasions.
Universal Espresso Machine Size
These cups are perfectly and smartly designed – why do we say that? – because they are large enough for a double shot coffee and small enough to fit in most espresso machines.
- Premium quality borosilicate glass
- Universal size that can fit under most espresso coffee makers
- Double-wall thermo insulated design
- Set of 4, perfect for small workplaces and homes
- Safe for dishwasher, microwave and freezer
- Might be a little too fragile
Sweese 401.001 Espresso Cups with Saucers
Whether an espresso shot or tea, these sturdy, neat and elegant Sweese cups are a good way to start your with.
Perfect Size for Espresso Lovers
This 2 oz demitasse cup is a great choice for all the espresso addicts out there. While being the correct size for your espresso shot, these cups will also maintain the temperature of your coffee.
Matches Well with Your Crockery
From bright white to cool & hot assorted bright colors – these cups will nicely suit your kitchenware and crockery, as well as casual or formal occasions with a guest at home or a client at work.
Made From Safe Materials
These pro-grade porcelain made espresso cups are completely lead-free, toxic-free and chip-resistant, therefore taking care of all health hazards that might concern you.
- Stylish and elegant design
- Set of 6 with saucers, perfect for daily home or office use
- Ideal 2 oz capacity for espresso shots
- Available in white and other hot & fancy colors as well
- Made from pro-grade porcelain – chip-resistant, lead and toxic free
- Safe for dishwasher, microwave, freezer and oven
- After purchase, keep an eye on the return window in case of a broken item. Once return window is closed, you cannot have it replaced
Loveramics Espresso Cup and Saucer
If you are someone who likes his espresso or tea in a high-end, premium quality cup – this Loveramics cup is for you!
Premium Quality with a Sturdy Design
These cups are made from the best in quality, commercial-grade high-fired porcelain that is ideal for home, office or barista shop use.
Due to the high level of treatment, these cups maintain the temperature of your drink a lot more longer than those regular espresso cups you have in your cabinet.
Your Coffee Tastes Better with an Egg-shaped Cup
The smartly-designed round base ensures that your coffee is perfectly developed so that you can enjoy the exact same taste that are in line with your barista’s expectations from his skills and experience.
Since this cup can withstand a temperature of up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, it is an highly microwave safe coffee and tea cup.
- Durable and elegant in design
- Perfect for occasions where presentation is important
- Round-shaped cup base ensures perfect coffee taste
- Highly resistant to heat – upto 400 Fahrenheit
- Ergonomic cup handle
- Not for everyday or rough use
- Comes with a high price tag
TeamFar Set of 4 Espresso Cups
The TeamFar stainless steel espresso cups can come in quite handy if you are thinking of adding sleek and versatile cups to your kitchenware.
Get Rid of the Fragility
Tired of buying those class cups again and again after every few weeks? These stainless steel cups will make your life a whole lot easier.
The stylish mirror finish will certainly go in line with your existing utensils, crockery and kitchen appliances.
Completely Non-toxic & Chemical-free
Some might think that steel-made crockery is not completely healthy or safe to be used for a longer period. However, these 18/8 stainless steel, non-toxic and chemical-free cups are 100% safe and healthy regardless for how long you use them.
Perfect for Your Next Camping Trip
Since there is no glass involved, these cups are a very good option if you are looking to take a few cups along with your coffee maker to your next vacation or camping trip.
- Double-wall prevents condensation
- Reusable and dishwasher safe
- Perfect for espresso shot, latte, coffee, hot or iced, tea, one-shot wine, etc.
- Made from 18/8 stainless steel with no toxic materials or chemicals involved
- Non-fragile makes it good option for travelling or camping
- 6 ounce capacity – set of 4
- Yes they are insulated, however, these are not the best insulated cups as compared to rival products
Recaps Stainless Steel Espresso Cups Set
These insulated stainless steel cups from Recaps are a decent buy if you are looking for something durable and easy-to-use espresso cups for daily use.
FDA Approved Stainless Steel
These double-wall insulated cups are made from 304-food grade stainless steel that is FDA approved. These are absolutely safe and healthy to use.
Durable and Affordable
Now you do not have to worry about replacing those broken coffee cups every now and then. These steel cups are unbreakable and can be used for rough or daily use at home, office, travelling, camping, etc.
And if you are thinking that you are paying this much for a 2-cup set, well, also consider the fact that this is the only time you will be paying. They won’t break, and you won’t have to buy again!
Perfect for All Beverages
Whether you are having an espresso shot, tea, tequilla, rum, iced tea, vodka or any other kind of beverage – these 80 ml (2.7 oz) cups will serve your needs well, without a doubt.
- Unbreakable FDA approved 304 food grade stainless steel
- Cost effective
- Ideal size for most of cold and hot drinks
- Perfect for home, office, travel, camping, picnic, etc.
- Double-wall thermal insulation
- Might not have a fancy design as your previous Italian espresso cups
Sweese 403.002 Cappuccino Cups with Saucers
In comparison with the 401.001 series that has been mentioned earlier, this Sweese series is even better in terms of build quality, design, capacity and durability.
Sleek and Modern-day Design
You don’t want old-fashioned espresso cups sitting in with all your up-to-date kitchenware that you have spent your hard-earned bucks on, do you?
These cups in regular, traditional white and also bright, assorted colors – depending on your overall crockery attire that you wish to maintain.
Perfect Quantity for Espresso Lovers
These cups have the perfect quantity that you need for your espresso shots or cappuccino. Every cup can hold 6 oz (without reaching to the very top).
Premium Build Quality
These cups are made from high-grade porcelain that is completely lead-free and has no non-toxic chemicals at all. It makes it perfect for dishwasher, microwave and freezer use.
- High build quality and neat design
- Set of 6, perfect for home or small workplace use
- 6 oz – Perfect capacity for espresso shots
- Available in white and other fancy colors
- Too fragile for everyday use, needs care and attention during cleaning
Lifver Porcelain Espresso Cups
The Lifver 3.5 ounces porcelain cups are a perfect choice to be used as demitasse cups at home, office, coffee bars, etc.
Compact Design Saves Space
These stackable cups are smartly-designed that will save enormous space in your kitchen or office table that can be used for something else.
It will take the same space as one saucer, making it real-estate friendly particularly in tight home or office spaces where each inch makes a difference.
Dishwasher, Microwave Oven & Freezer Safe
The Lifver porcelain cups are heat-resistant, chip-resistant and completely safe with microwave or freezer.
- Neat and sturdy look – good for office, home or formal occasions use
- Compact design and stackability saves a lot of space
- Dishwasher safe, microwave and freezer safe
- Set of 6, ideal for small office setups and home use
- For some, these might be too small for espresso shots
Bodum Espresso Cups
The Bodum Pavina double-wall espresso cups are one of the renowned espresso cups that you might have already seen at a restaurant, coffee shop or at your friend’s place.
Funky Design Goes With All Interiors
Due to their unique and cute shape, they go well with any type of funky residential, official or commercial interiors.
Double Wall Borosilicate Glass
These cups come with two walls of borosilicate glass that provide adequate insulation and no condensation at all making it user-friendly and maintaining beverage temperature, too.
Silicone Vent Maintains Pressure
This is something that you might not normally find in an espresso cup. The base of these cups have hydrophobic silicone vent that lets pressure change to take place.
- 3.5 ounce capacity
- 2-cup set, perfect for two people
- Highly insulated with borosilicate glass
- Innovative design lets you see your drink float inside the glass
- At times it might feel too light, as if it is cheaply built. Takes time to get used to
How Many Ounces in an Espresso Cup?
According to most baristas and coffee experts, a perfect espresso shot will be of 1 ounce, and an ideal espresso cup should have a capacity of around 2-3 ounces.
It is generally believed that if the cup is too large, it spreads out and eventually results in a thinner taste. Also, it also adversely affects the espresso temperature as it might get cold too soon.
Why Do They Call it a Demitasse Cup?
Demitasse is a French Word that means ‘half-cup’ or ‘small cup’. This is the actual traditional name for an espresso cup, and different countries around the world use different names but the meaning remains the same.
These are small white cups that you might have seen at a coffee house or a cafe and they hold around 2-3 oz of coffee. Traditionally, they are half in size as compared to a regular coffee cup.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Your Espresso Cups Set
Buying a set of espresso cups might sound like a pretty simple purchase that you can just get on with without having to know a lot about it – that is not right.
Here are some of the elements that you need to keep in mind before spending your money on your next espresso cups:
Size & Design
A regular espresso cup usually come with 2-3 oz capacity, however, if you want to use the same cup for your lungo or cortado, you might want to have a larger cup.
Depending on your preferences and usage, you will need to decide between a glass or a stainless steel. If it’s just for home or office use, glass is all right. However, if you take your coffee utensils along while traveling or camping, steel will work better.
Make sure your espresso cups have a nice double-wall insulation in order to maintain the temperature of your beverage for a while after it has been served.
Since you might be needing more than one of these cups for home or office use, it is a good idea to ensure they consume as less space as possible, particularly if space is one of the major issues.
Our Final Thoughts on Getting the Best Espresso Cups
You might have the right espresso maker, the perfect coffee grind, but if you do not have the best espresso cups, you might not be able to enjoy it the right way.
With numerous options available in this line of coffee-related product category, you need to do your research well before making the purchase.
Your own preferences, requirements, performance and price – these are some of the important factors that you need to keep in mind. Once done, go ahead and order your espresso cups and enjoy the drink!