Love coffee? Of course you do. We all do. It is the first thing most of us have in the morning. But do you think you can have your perfect cup of Joe if you do not have the best coffee container for your coffee beans?
Try The Healthiest, Tastiest Organic Coffee Ever!
I wouldn’t think so. We do so much for a nice cup of coffee as it really pulls us through – especially those stressful days when meeting are never ending and clients just not satisfied!
We have all those flasks and portable mugs for our favorite coffee on the go and love a break in between those meetings. Let’s have a look at some of the best coffee canisters available in the market today.
Editor’s Pick – Our Top Choice for Coffee Bean Storage
The large-sized COFFEE GATOR is the best affordable coffee bean container as it does the job well without putting a dent on your pocket! The 22 oz capacity is large enough and the Wicovalve vent system takes out the CO2 produced inside.
The rubber lid works great to keep coffee beans air-tight so no air or moisture is in contact with the beans. The stainless-steel body is durable and keeps sunlight away.
Top Airtight Storage Containers of 2020
Let us review the best available containers and canisters that you can add to your kitchenware and keep your coffee fresh.
- Coffee Gator Stainless Steel Container
- Star Coffee Airtight Coffee Storage
- HOKEKI Airtight Coffee Canister
- Deppon 4-Piece Canister Set
- Chef’s Star Stainless Steel Airtight Canister
- Enloy 4-Piece Airtight Canister Set
- Coffee Gator Coffee Canister
- Bretani Stainless Steel Coffee Canister
- Essexx Collection Airtight Jar
- Primica Stainless Steel Coffee Canister
- BARVIVO Stainless Steel Coffee Canister
- Planetary Design Airscape Coffee and Food Storage Canister
Coffee Gator Stainless Steel Container
The COFFEE GATOR is a stainless-steel container that stores coffee beans or ground coffee in an immaculate way. The mid-priced vessel is good for storing tea as well.
Stainless Steel Design
It has a Wicovalve release vent that will take out old carbon dioxide from inside the container. The rubber seal will surely keep coffee stored the way it should be. The container is made from good quality materials and fastens through easy seal bail clasp that keeps your coffee air-tight.
Mark the Date
You can mark the date through the date wheel so you know when you stored your roast. This container comes with a 4 ounce travel jar and a stainless-steel measuring scoop for your coffee pleasure!
- Stainless-steel materials for better durability and look
- Rubber seal with easy seal bail clasp release system for better air-tightness
- Comes in 3 sizes – small, medium, large
- Comes with travel jar
- Comes with stainless-steel scoop
- Keeps oxygen in and CO2 out through special Wicovalve vent
- Slightly pricy for the job
Star Coffee Airtight Coffee Storage
The STAR COFFEE coffee bean container is a mid-priced stainless-steel vessel made from good materials. The rubber sealed container comes with 5 CO2 valve filters that each can be used for a year.
Best Ground Coffee Storage Container
The rubber seal lid features a date wheel so you know about the date of your coffee storage. This container will store up to 22 oz of coffee beans and 19.5 oz ground coffee.
Try The Healthiest, Tastiest Organic Coffee Ever!
There is even a measuring scale inside for that exact coffee storage. The vacuum sealed container will keep coffee fresh for longer. The container also fits most kitchen cabinets and also looks stylish over the counter.
- 5 CO2 filters for fresher coffee that each last a year
- Stainless-steel body for durability and aesthetically good looks
- Fits most kitchen cabinets
- Features rubber seal lid for extra freshness
- Stores up to 22oz coffee beans
- Comes with a measuring scoop
- Features fingerprint proof coating on stainless-steel for better usage
- The filter system may not work that well as compared to rival products
HOKEKI Airtight Coffee Canister
The HOKEKI coffee bean container is a mid-priced option that comes in stainless-steel body. The air-tight vessel comes with its own measuring scoop.
Date Wheel Lid
The lid features a date wheel and silicon seal for that extra storage freshness. There is a built-in air breather keeps air out and the one-way valve is there to emit CO2 easily.
Convenience with Large Storage
The container has a capacity of 16 oz and has a holder for the scoop too. The metal clamp is easy to use and seals well to keep air or moisture out. Easy seal and bail clasp is ideal for storing coffee beans, ground, tea or other foods for a lasting freshness and flavor experience.
- Stainless-steel body for durability and urban feel design
- Easy seal and bail clasp for easy handling
- Comes with date wheel on the lid
- Silicon seal lid for air-tight storage
- Features one-way valve for CO2 emission for coffee
- Good to store up to 16oz of coffee, tea or other foods
- Dishwasher safe but manufacturer recommends hand wash
Deppon 4-Piece Canister Set
The DEPPON 4-piece canister set is a great way to store coffee beans. The stainless-steel canisters are durable and very simple to use. They feature a glass section to easily view inside the container about the quantity of storage. Pressure fitter lid with silicon gasket preserves freshness for longer.
A nice set to store coffee beans, ground, tea, nuts or cereal in an air-tight manner for lasting taste and freshness. The small to large sizes work best in your kitchen and store 1 L, 2 L, 3 L and 5 L respectively.
The anti-fingerprint design means the canisters will stay clean and last longer with the durable steel design too. A very good mid-priced set for your coffee storage.
- Great capacity for storing coffee beans, ground coffee, tea, other foods
- Stainless-steel body for durability
- Anti-fingerprint body for easy handling
- Pressure fitter lids for sealed storage
- 4 different sizes that fit nicely in the kitchen
- Features glass section for easy viewing inside
- Not good for liquids as they make leak
Chef’s Star Stainless Steel Airtight Canister
The CHEF’s STAR stainless-steel coffee container is a nice and affordable device. It features a one-way vent valve for emitting carbon dioxide and keeping your coffee beans fresh for longer.
Vacuumed Seal Keeps Components Fresh
This vessel also has a date wheel to make sure you know when you stored your coffee. The air-tight seal will keep coffee beans or coffee ground fresh inside the vacuum seal container.
It has a capacity of 1 lb for your favorite coffee beans or ground. The lightweight container is designed aesthetically well for your kitchen or any other places.
- Stainless-steel design for durability and aesthetic appearance
- One-way vent valve system for emitting CO2
- 1lb capacity is good for this sized container
- Features a date wheel on the lid
- Will store coffee beans, coffee ground, tea, etc
- Easy to use and wash
- Does not come with a scoop
Enloy 4-Piece Airtight Canister Set
The 4-piece canister set by ENLOY is a mid-priced coffee bean container. This air-tight container set comes with a rubber seal lid for that great preserving of your coffee beans.
Convenience & Freshness – check!
All containers have a 4.7” wide opening for easy use and are made from stainless-steel. The silicon gasket leaves no odor or stain – giving you great freshness with your coffee. They come with transparent lids so you know which one has what components inside them.
Perfect Choice for Coffee & Other Edibles
The dishwasher safe set has clamp locks that work well and keep the air out for your coffee beans, tea, cookies, cereal or other foods. A very good affordable container set overall that will keep your coffee and other food items fresh.
- Stainless-steel 4-piece set with 4.7” wide opening
- Comes with clamp locks for easy handling and good air-tight storage
- All have transparent lids
- Comes with rubber seal lids to preserve freshness
- Four different sizes included
- The set will store up to 65oz in total
- Needs to be kept away from sunlight or coffee beans might easily stale
Coffee Gator Coffee Canister
This is another great container from COFFEE GATOR that is mid-priced and is made from stainless-steel. This also comes with a date wheel on the lid for easy storage with time and date.
Large Size Provides Better Storage
The large size is the major difference that means you can easily store coffee beans up to 22 oz. You will love the air-tight freshness in this one too as it comes with a Wicovalve release valve to emit carbon dioxide.
A rubber seal lid keeps the air out. This container also comes with a scoop. A great container for coffee beans storage without taking the flavor away!
- Great large size stores up to 22oz of coffee beans
- Stainless-steel material for durability and stylish appearance
- Comes with a measuring scoop
- Features date wheel on the lid
- Features Wicovalve release system to emit CO2
- Air-tight freshness with rubber lid keeps components fresh
- CO2 valve may not be easily washed
Bretani Stainless Steel Coffee Canister
The BRETANI coffee canister is a stainless-steel coffee bean container with great looks. This vessel comes with a date wheel on the lid and has a Wicovalve carbon dioxide release valve.
Extra CO2 Filters Maintain Freshness
It comes with three extra carbon dioxide filter valves to keep that coffee real fresh. It will store coffee grounds equally well. The 16 oz capacity container comes with its own measuring scoop for easy handling.
You can store roasted coffee beans easily and protect it from air, sunlight and moisture for that ultimate freshness. The low-priced container comes in dark grey color for that urban kitchen and works well in all environments. A great way to store your favorite coffee!
- Easy and simple to use
- Easy seal bail clasp system to open and close easily
- Comes with 3 CO2 filters for extra freshness
- 16oz capacity is large enough
- Air-tights with rubber seal lid
- Affordably priced for its great durable design
- Not good to store coffee for longer periods of time as freshness will go away
Essexx Collection Airtight Jar
The ESSEX COLLECTION coffee bean container is a low-priced glass option. The natural bamboo lid with food grade silicon ring seal will keep the coffee fresh. It also stores other foods as well with freshness.
Sleek Glass Design
The lid ensures there is no air or water penetration. The Borosilicate high quality glass will store anything properly with you being to see what is inside!
A very good container not just for coffee beans but also ground coffee, tea, dry fruits, nuts, cereal, pasta, sugar, spices or rice. A perfect addition to your kitchen for that long lasting freshness!
- Borosilicate glass body for durability and easy viewing
- Comes with natural bamboo lid for freshness and safe health wise
- Lid comes with food grade silicon ring for extra air-tight freshness
- Capacity of 1100ml is large for this container size
- No water or air penetration
- Refrigerator and freezer friendly
- Glass body means needs to be protected from sunlight or coffee will stale
- No CO2 valve vents for carbon dioxide emission from coffee beans
Primica Stainless Steel Coffee Canister
The PRIMICA coffee bean container is another affordable vessel good to store your beans, ground coffee or tea leaves. It comes with a valve for taking out the carbon dioxide and has a capacity of holding 1 lb of coffee beans.
Perfect for Coffee Beans
The stainless-steel container has a rubber seal that keeps it air-tight. It comes with a scoop so you can easily take out your coffee beans or ground coffee.
The container features a date wheel and is odor free for storing in the best possible way. It is easy to store inside kitchen cabinets and looks nice even on the counter while storing your favorite coffee beans with air-tight freshness.
- A compact and durable stainless-steel design
- Comes with a scoop for easy scooping
- Features a date wheel to keep a check on storage dates
- Features a valve for emitting CO2
- Capacity of 1lb of coffee beans and 0.8lb of ground coffee
- At under 7” in height – will fit most cabinets
- Lid closes tightly but needs good force to close
BARVIVO Stainless Steel Coffee Canister
The BRAVIVO coffee bean container is another great way to store coffee. The sturdy vessel has a slip resistant surface and comes with its own measuring scoop. It is made from stainless-steel and has a clasp for air-tight seal.
CO2 Emission Valve for Ultimate Freshness
The lid has a date wheel and the container will hold up to 24.7 oz of coffee beans. There is a CO2 valve for that emission and keeping your coffee fresh for longer. You can also store tea, nuts, spices and other foods in this container.
Nice & Portable Container
It is easy to carry around like office or outdoors. The container fits into any kitchen cabinet and will look stylish just around on the counter. A great mid-priced container for great fresh coffee all the time!
- Lid features date wheel for remembering storage time
- Comes with CO2 valve for extra freshness and filters
- Stores up to 24.7oz of coffee beans
- Comes with a measuring scoop
- Slip resistant surface for better handling
- Odour less storage with air-tight seal
- Filter needs to be removed before washing container every time
Planetary Design Airscape Coffee and Food Storage Canister
The PLANETARY DESIGN coffee container is a decent vessel meant to store in an air tight manner. The container has a plunger lid that keeps air out and a 2-way valve that makes sure there is no carbon dioxide inside.
Keeping Your Coffee Fresh
The Airscape coffee canister has a patented lid that removes all air in the canister creating airless food storage keeping the components fresh. The stainless-steel vessel keeps not just coffee but other foods as well. It comes in two sizes – small and medium – with the latter holding 500 g of coffee beans.
Affordable & Efficient
It is available in multiple colors to suit your kitchen and is very handy. The container does not allow any UV light that may spoil your coffee and is very affordable. A great container to keep your favorite coffee beans fresh for longer.
- Nice looking container that keeps coffee and other foods fresh
- Has a plunger lid with Airscape for air tight storage
- 2 way valve keeps CO2 out
- Affordable with a long storage time
- Comes in 2 sizes and a variety of colours
- Keeps UV light out so that coffee does not stale
- Not dishwasher friendly
Best Way to Store Coffee Beans
One of the most important questions that you might come across in coffee making is how to keep coffee fresh? – There is this constant need for most of us to store our favorite coffee in the right proper way so as to maintain freshness and flavor.
There are plenty of products for this purpose but the key to good storage is pretty simple: use an air-tight vacuum coffee canister.
Air and moisture are your coffee’s biggest enemies as they will stale it pretty quick.
Also, CO2 valve vents are a great way to emit the gas while preserving your coffee beans. Filters also work wonders as they maintain flavor longer and can be easily replaced in containers.
A good container will be actually properly air-tight with a good and sturdy clamp. Vacuum gasket containers is also an added feature for preserving coffee.
Stainless-steel containers work better than glass ones as they protect coffee beans from sunlight and UV light too. This is the basic idea of keeping coffee beans fresh for longer periods of time – all other features are add-ons and should not be considered while selecting a container.
If you want your coffee fresh – just look for an air-tight lid, stainless-steel body and a CO2 emission system. And you are good to go!
How to Store Ground Coffee?
As coffee beans are the most prime form of coffee, ground coffee is also good for that instant cup of coffee while at home or work. Storing this is also something that should be considered as it plays a vital role in the freshness and taste.
Like coffee beans, a premium container will be the one that has storing capability of keeping out air and moisture. Also, a CO2 emission valve vent is important as it will keep the gas out.
Besides this, sunlight needs to be kept away too so a stainless-steel or ceramic container will do the job perfectly! A date-wheel lid will also help in knowing the storage date and freshness date too.
A good container with these features will definitely store your ground coffee longer and will taste exactly the way it should every time!
Various Types of Containers
Now let’s have a look at the different kinds of containers and canisters out there:
Vacuum containers have a system in which air is pulled out after the container is filled with coffee to preserve taste and freshness. It usually has lid that need to be pushed down and then clasped while air is sucked out.
The coffee in these containers will remain fresh as there is no contact with outside air or moisture.
Silicon Seal Lid Containers
These containers have a silicon ring around their lids and once fastened, they keep air out. These work well as coffee does not come into contact with outside air or moisture.
The lid should have a bail and clasp seal for better air tight strength to preserve coffee inside. The silicon works well in keeping the container air-tight.
Wicovalve Vent Containers
The Wicovalve is a vent system on containers that emits CO2 from the container and keeps coffee beans very fresh. This is a one-way vent and only releases the gas from inside.
No outside air is allowed inside – resulting in a great aroma and fresh coffee every day. Some containers use this system for immaculate coffee storage.
Body Materials for Containers
Currently, several materials are used to manufacture coffee bean containers. From glass to steel – you can find an array of containers. The best are the ones made from stainless-steel as they keep sunlight out too which keeps coffee fresher for long.
The borosilicate glass is also a good body type for containers as it really preserves the taste and keeps your coffee fresh. It is durable as well. Other materials include ceramic – decent for storing coffee but not the best.
Wrapping Up Our Best Coffee Container Guide
Looking at various coffee bean containers, one can see that a lot of innovation has come into making the best storing vessels for coffee. Stainless-steel is currently chosen by most brands as it is the best way to keep coffee fresh for much longer.
However, when you are looking for the best coffee container, make sure you do your homework well – Will you be using it only for coffee beans or ground coffee? Will you also be using it for other edibles?
There are a lot of containers and canisters that look pretty much the same. Once you know what you really want, only then spend your bucks.